Happier, No Matter What
Pioneering positive psychologist and New York Times–bestselling author Tal Ben-Shahar shows us how in Happier, No Matter What.
Ben-Shahar busts the all-too-common ideas that success brings happiness and that we can seek happiness itself. When hard times thwart our success and steal our joy, these ideas actually invite despair by leaving us with nothing to do.
But we can do something: We can climb the SPIRE—Ben-Shahar’s five-step staircase to hope and purpose.
- Spiritual: I am experiencing meaning.
- Physical: My body’s needs are met.
- Intellectual: I am learning.
- Relational: My friends support me.
- Emotional: I am allowed to feel.