Pocket San Francisco
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket San Francisco is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch fog creep beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, ride a cable car past stately Victorians, or taste the best of California cuisine at the Ferry Building; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket San Francisco:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out San Francisco map (included in print version), plus over 15 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Coverage of Golden Gate Bridge, The Marina, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, Downtown, SoMa, Hayes Valley, Civic Center, The Mission, The Haight, Golden Gate Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket San Francisco is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travelers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colorful and easy-to-use, this neighborhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximize your quick-trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of San Francisco's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco guide, or Lonely Planet's Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Alison Bing and John A Vlahides.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' -The New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)